Monday, August 15, 2011

Happenings in August 2011

Waiting for Evan!!
I had started on my weekly Dr.'s appointments and was already dilated to a 4 and 70% effaced 4 weeks before he was due. Official due date was August 24th. We thought he was coming a lot sooner than he was. By August 13th I was dilated to a 5 and still not in labor. We thought for sure this was the weekend I was going to have him. Well, we woke up Saturday morning and I was still not in labor so we decided to go for a drive. We ended up at Silver Lake up at Brighton. We walked around the Lake. It was a beautiful morning.







We then drove over Guardsmans Pass and into Park City. Was I having any contractions? No!! So we stopped in at REI's garage sale to just walk around some more. By this time I gave up with walking and elevation wasn't going to put me in Labor nothing was.

Monday morning rolled around and our little one still had not arrived so I called my Dr.'s office and asked to be seen later that day, just to be checked again. I was his last patient of the day and a good thing I was too. I was dilated to a 6, but still not in labor. He called the hospital, they were slow, so we decided to meet there at 7:30 and just have him break my water. His concern now was if I went into labor on my own I might not make it to the hospital. I really didn't want to have a freeway baby so it was a date!

No comments: