Monday, July 21, 2008

Girls Camp!

This last week was Girls Camp at Bear Lake. I'm the secretary in the Young Womans so I was invited to go. It was a lot of fun and I think the girls The theme was "Princesses... Daughters of a Heavenly King". You can imagine there was a lot of pink and girlie stuff going on. The girls decorated pink flipflops, made their own crowns and decorated picture frames. The emphasis was on remembering who we are and how important we are to our Heavenly Father. The first night we were there the girls played with makeup and gave each other facials. They all looked so pretty! In between all the crafts and makeup we went to the Minnetonka Cave, and the lake and swam, sunbathed, had a rescue mission (canoes are fun but can be problematic) and made beach creatures. Overall I think all of the girls had a great time and I got to know eahc of them better!! Being pregnant also wasn't bad. The lake helped me stay cool and we had a lot of shade at our campsite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! I have something to read!! :D Sounds like a lot of fun! I think I would like being with the young women, now that I have gotten used to them from teaching Sunday school.

Mysticnocturne said...

That sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad it wasn't too hot for you and I'm glad you got to know each of your girls better. Hope you're having a great week!!

--Lynnette