Sunday, December 19, 2010

Halloween 2010

I decided this year our costumes were going to have a theme.... So I had to start brain storming. Well I came up with the idea of having Colton be a hot dog and mommy and daddy would be ketchup and mustard. My boss helped me make the hot dog costume with help from my mom in the finishing touches. I then had to get to work on Will's and my costume. This is how they turned out. Pretty good I think. Colton wasn't really a fan of wearing it so it didn't last long...


We carved pumpkins a few days before Halloween. All three of these pumpkins I grew in my own backyard... Colton would go out during the summer and pet his pummies (his word for pumkins). He sure loved them!I think they might have gotten bigger if it wasn't for the summer hail storm that destroyed ALL of the leaves on the vines. Poor plants! But they were still good size and they only cost the price of the seed so I won't complain. Colton didn't like touching the insides of the pumpkins but had no problem helping daddy carve them! They turned out very cute and Colton was very proud of them.


We had our annual Halloween party at my mom's house on the Friday before Halloween. The kids had fun decorating pumpkin plates and then helping people carve their pumpkins. We had yummy soup for dinner and then visited while the kids played together.


Trick or treating was short and sweet since it was raining and was cold. Will took him around our street while I manned our house. By the second or third house Colton had it all figured out and didn't want to stop. He would say "trick or treat" "thank you" and "bye bye" to every house he stopped at. Can't wait for next year. Every year that he gets older gets to be more fun! Although I know I will miss him being this small I LOVE watching him grow!

1 comment:

Craig and Crystal said...

The costume idea was too cute!!! :)