Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day was a great day! I just love being a Mom! I have a calling at church and teach in Relief Society. It was my turn to teach on Mother's Day so lets just say I pretty much cried through the whole lesson. It was on the Holy Ghost. Earlier in the week when preparing my lesson I came across something that didn't quite make sense to me and also made me a little concerned. The lesson said this about the Holy Ghost "He can be in only one place at a time, but his influence can be everywhere at the same time." What did that mean?? Did that mean he really wasn't with me all the time? I asked my mom what that meant and what she told me I will never forget. Colton was playing in the other room with the dogs and she said "You are not with Colton but the influence of your love is." Wow, now lets just take that a multiply it by infinity and that is how the Holy Ghost and the love of our Heavenly Father works. Amazing! It made me feel so much better! I also shared that with the ladies when I was teaching and I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. It was one of the best lessons! After church we came home and Will presented me with my Mom's Day gift. A pot filled with beautiful flowers that, yes, are still alive! Emily also helped Colton make me a Mother's Day gift. A small heart shaped pillow with Colton's hand print on it. I will always remember that small hand of his forever. Will made dinner and we enjoyed a nice evening with visiting my mom to tell her Happy Mother's Day.




2 comments:

Ali said...

What a great lesson. I love how your mom put that. Very powerful to think about. Oh, and Colton is seriously a little stud. That kid gets cuter every time I see him!

Anonymous said...

I didn't need to be at your lesson because I cried just reading about it! I love it!